For Rural Elec. & Govt. Projects
For the categories of Rural Electrification/Government projects, the following criteria must be strictly observed:
- There must be a letter from a rural electrification board/governmental organization indicating the proposed project scope.
- Joint site visitation with the IBEDC technical team before the commencement of the project.
- All distribution materials and equipment must be purchased from a reputable company.
- Old or refurbished transformers and other equipment are not acceptable.
- The power transformer of 5MVA and above shall be adequately protected on the primary and secondary sides.
- The competence of contractors involved in project execution must be supported by his status as an Electrical Contractor (either Federal Ministry of Power Registered Category 1 or COREN Registered Engineer).
- The installation should be in accordance with IBEDC standard specifications. Special attention must be paid to the following;
- The aluminum conductor must be of 150mm2 cross-sectional area and AAC type (for primary and secondary distribution lines).
- Pre-stressed reinforced concrete pole dug to 1.8m (6ft) depth.
- Poles erected in marshy or low-density soil areas must be properly beamed at the base.
- Bracket Post Insulator Mount must be used on intermediate pole in place of Cross Arm.
- The overhead line conductor must be supported by the Silicon Insulatorin place of the Porcelain type.
- The clearance of the HT line from all structures must not be less than 5.5 meters on either side.
- Authorized IBEDC personnel should inspect and certify the materials/equipment provided before the commencement of the project.
- IBEDC PC&M crew will test the installation and the customer will rectify any detected defect before the commissioning of the project.
- All equipment and materials connected to IBEDC Network and energized shall become and remain the Company’s (IBEDC) property.
- The LV and HV cables must have at least four meters (4m) loop each.
- In the case of a transformer with outdoor bushings, the transformer plinth must not be lower than 1.2m above the ground level.
- The substation must be metal-grill fenced with proper graveling.
For more information on the technical specifications required, kindly view the documents below: